Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

SPEECHES FROM INCOMING AND OUTGOING CHAIRMAN 2023

 

Here is the speech from our incoming Chairman of 2023

Good afternoon to the teachers, seniors, juniors and my fellow batchmates,


Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the teachers and the seniors for appointing me as the chairperson of our unit for 2023. Given this huge responsibility, I have been reflecting about my journey in NPCC thus far, as well as all that I wish to achieve in this CCA. I will use my well earned experience to bring the unit to higher grounds, to make our unit better than ever and to provide a more fulfilling NPCC journey for everyone. There is much to look forward to this year, especially due to the covid measures finally being taken down. Activities like the area games day, and competitions will finally take place physically. While I do have my own concerns about the challenges my batch and I will face, as well as whatever the future has in store for us, I will do my best to fulfil my responsibilities and serve the unit dutifully with my batchmates.


To our beloved Batch 16 seniors, on behalf of the whole unit, I would like to thank you for being the ever reliable, headstrong and supportive seniors. It has not been easy for your batch, especially since Batch 17 and Batch 18 had almost twice the amount of people that you have. Each and everyone of you had to juggle two or more roles, and do twice as much to make our training sessions as fruitful and interesting as they were. However, you pulled through all these challenges and led our unit to become much better than before. You have exceeded everyone’s expectations and I am so proud to call you my seniors. Everyone in the unit is so so grateful for all the effort you put in to make the CCA what it is today. On behalf of my own batch, I would like to thank you for doing your utmost to make sure we reach our full potential. We were once immature and inexperienced, but under your guidance, we have improved and will continue to do so. Though we are far from perfect leaders, you can rest assured that we will conquer these hardships and lead the unit to the best of our abilities. If time allowed for it, we would have loved to have you stay around longer. As you prepare to take your O-levels, we hope you will persevere and do your best, just as you did for our unit. Thank you so much, and you will always have a special place in our hearts.


To the Batch 18 and 19 juniors, as you commence your journey in NPCC, as your CLs, my batch and I will always be here to help and guide you along the way. We look forward to leading you and helping you to further improve yourselves. Batch 18 has always been an energetic and friendly bunch, with cadets that have a strong passion for learning, as well as will to improve yourselves further. I believe that with more effort, your batch will become even greater. Do not give up, as you are all capable of great things. Batch 19 has not been here for long, but I know that just like everyone else, you’ll grow to love this cca and its people. Do your best in everything you do, and your efforts will definitely be rewarded.


  To the teacher officers and area instructors, thank you for putting your faith in me. You are always there to lend a helping hand to our batch and we can tell that you hold a lot of love for this CCA. As my batch embarks on this path as cadet leaders, we hope that you’ll continue to support us.


  An aspiration of mine for this CCA is for everyone to reach their fullest potential. While my batch and I try to guide the juniors to new heights and to hone their skills, I hope that we can become even better versions of ourselves. We’ll put in more time and effort to help each and every cadet, and give them more opportunities to grow as future cadet leaders. Let’s do our best to become more united as one, to bring this unit to new and greater heights.


  And last of all, to my own batch. I am proud of each and everyone of us. In a blink of an eye, 2 years have passed and we are taking over the CLs. It has not been easy and we’ve definitely met many adversities on the way, but we have pulled through and will continue to become more bonded as the year progresses. Just last year, we were immature and still had so much to learn and improve on, and we knew that it was still long before we had to take over. But here we are, taking over today, and frankly it feels so surreal, it’s almost as if I’m dreaming. However, whether we were truly ready to take over or not, we are here now and we must keep going on. We must become better role models and lead to the fullest of our abilities. It will not be easy, but we will go through it all together. Thank you for being so encouraging and for always hyping each other up when faced with hardships. I cherish our bonds so much and I really cannot imagine what CCA would have been like without you all by my side. Let’s do our best together!


 Helen Keller once said,  “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much”.  There is strength in unity, let’s strive to be the best together!


Thank you.


CPL (NPCC) QUEK RUI LING NATALIE



Here is the speech from our outgoing Chairman of 2022

Hello everyone, Wow, honestly, I still cannot believe that it's been more than 3 years since I've joined NPCC. I vividly remember the first day of NPCC where I reported to the “area beside the canteen vending machine” and was so happy to see Karyn there too. Just like that, 3 years have passed and it is finally time for batch 16 to have our pop! Around 1 year ago, I was giving my incoming chairman speech and now, I am delivering my outgoing chairman speech. Time sure passed very quickly. 

Firstly, I would like to start off by thanking the TOs and seniors. Thank you so much for entrusting NPCC to me. My batch is very grateful to have such wonderful mentors who support us in everything that we do. You gave us useful advice and entertained us even if our ideas weren’t the best. Even though sometimes, our decisions were not what you had in mind, you still had faith and trust in us. You provided a safe space for us to voice our opinions. I respect your dedication to NPCC greatly and strongly believe that our CCA would continue to grow and prosper in your hands. We appreciate whatever you have done for us during our NPCC journey. So, on behalf of my batch, thank you so much for that.

Second, I would like to address each batch separately: 

To batch 19, Even though I am your IC for this year, I’ve never really had the chance to get to know you personally because y’all have been going on learning journeys like every week. But that's okay. I have interacted with y’all a few times and I see that y’all have potential to be very amazing cadets. As you commence your NPCC journey in 2023, your new CLs will be there to support you and provide any assistance you may require. So don’t be afraid to clarify your doubts and turn to your seniors. Your new CLs will guide and mentor you to be the best versions of yourself so in turn, please cooperate with them and do your best in every CCA session. You may not realise it right now, but the bonds you form here with your batchmates will remain forever. We believe in you. 

To batch 18, Hi sec 2s! I am very happy to be your IC for the whole of last year. I have watched y’all grow a lot since the first day of your NPCC journey. I thoroughly enjoyed being your IC as it was always fun to be around y’all. Y’all are very bubbly, outgoing and very wholesome. We may be tough on you guys sometimes but I hope y’all don’t hold any grudges because we just want the best for you. Y’all have a lot of potential to be very good leaders in the future so don’t give up now! It’s just the beginning. Through CCA sessions, I can tell that y’all do put in your best effort so continue to do your best! From now on, your new CLs will guide and mentor you so please work with them. Don't be afraid to clarify your doubts with them too! I can see that y’all have already forged very strong bonds between each other so please do keep that up! All the best and we believe in you. 

To batch 17, It is finally time for y’all to take over the unit. I am sure that y’all are excited and have been thinking about this day. Y’all have come this far so do not give up now. Continue to maintain your positive attitude towards CCA. We are very proud of y’all for growing to become leaders. I know we have been more strict on y’all this year, but please don’t hold grudges against us, we just want the best for you. I still remember the first day when your batch reported for CCA and my batch was really excited to take y’all in. 2023 will undeniably be a challenging year for y’all as you take over the unit. Please be there for each other and be good role models for the juniors. However, don’t put too much stress on yourself. If you ever feel that you are overwhelmed by everything, take it one step at a time. Even when we leave, don't be afraid to reach out to us for help. We will be very happy to help y’all. All the best for your leadership journey. We believe in you all!! 

And lastly, to my batch 16, Honestly, I have so many things to say but let me try to make this not that long. Firstly, thank you for batch 16 for always being there for me. You guys have seen me at my highs and lows and would always offer help to me whenever I need it. I am so proud of how far we have come. We have grown a lot both individually and together as a batch. I am really grateful for the friendships that I have made in this CCA and I will cherish it forever TT. I’ll definitely miss you guys a lot but thats okay I will still see cordelia and yutong everyday!!! Y’all never fail to make me laugh when I’m feeling down. I will really miss joking with cordelia and karyn during CCA training and stressing out on what to say to the juniors with amelee. I still remember the time during NDP training when chris left amelee’s shoebag upstairs and by the time amelee realised the gate was already closed and we could not go up to take it anymore. Amelee was stressing out in the toilet wearing her PE attire and boots + NPCC socks while karyn and I were just taking pictures of amelee and laughing. Thank you everyone for trying your best during cca training and always sacrificing yourself. Special mention to chris and karyn for always making lame jokes during CCA to lighten up the mood even though amelee could not be bothered with our nonsense. I will definitely miss laughing until I cry. Another special mention to amelee and karyn; thank you for going through all the tough times and exco duties together. Y’all are always there for me even when I did not need any help. Without y’all I think CCA would have been really tough. So, thank you batch 16, for being the reason why I leave NP with no regrets. 

As a whole, I am so so grateful for the opportunities that NPCC has provided for me. It has shaped me into a better person and helped me to enhance and develop many talents like communication and leadership skills. Because of NPCC, I got to forge strong friendships and gain many new and memorable experiences that I will forever cherish. One of my biggest aspirations I had for our unit was to keep united as one and make training more enjoyable and I think I have achieved that to the best of my ability. So juniors, I hope AHNP will thrive even more in your hands. Enjoy the time spent with your batchmates, seniors, teachers and juniors in NPCC. Leave with zero regrets. With that, this marks the end of the last time I will be addressing y’all as a unit. It was an honour to be the chairman of AHNP.

Thank you everyone. 

SI (NPCC) ASHLEY LIM ZHIXUAN

POPULAR