Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Speeches from incoming and outgoing chairman 2022

Here is the speech from our incoming Chairman of 2022 



Dear Teachers, Seniors, Batchmates and Juniors, 

 First and foremost, I would like to say that I am extremely grateful and honoured to be appointed the Chairperson of our unit for 2022. Given this huge responsibility, I've been reflecting on my own npcc experience and what I intend to accomplish with you all. With all of you, I aim to grow and progress to make our npcc the best journey. There are many things I am looking forward to, and I am eager to see what the future will bring. However, I do have my own concerns about the challenges my batch and I will face in the near future. Do not worry, for I shall do my best to fulfil my responsibilities, and continue to serve the unit with dedication and passion along with my batchmates. 

 Firstly, to our beloved Batch 15 seniors, on behalf of the entire unit, I want to thank you all for always being the reliable, encouraging, and charismatic leaders. 2021 was undeniably, a tough year for everyone, especially your batch because of the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases and the constant changes of COVID-19 measures in Singapore. This caused you guys to constantly change proposals such as the unit camp we just had not long ago. Not going to lie, training was especially tough and despite everything, all of you managed to pull through and redevelop our unit. I am so proud of Batch 15. All of us in the unit look up to you as role models. Your continuous advice and leadership have moulded us into the cadets we are today. For that, we are eternally grateful. On behalf of my own batch, Batch 16, I would like to thank you all for guiding us to become who we are today. We are forever thankful for that. My batch certainly has flaws, but you may be assured that we will lead this unit to the best of our abilities. We're saddened to see you go so soon, but we wish you the best of luck with your O levels and future endeavours. Always remember, you guys will always have a special place in our hearts. 

 Secondly, to the juniors in Batch 17 and 18, as you commence your NPCC journey in 2022, as your CLs, we will be here to support you and provide any assistance you may require as you begin your NPCC adventure. We look forward to leading you. Your mentors will guide you and shape you to be the best versions of yourselves. Please do not hesitate to clarify your doubts and turn to them if you need help. I hope you can all work together with your ICs to enhance your hard talents while also growing in character. I believe that you are capable of great things so do not give up. During the past 2 years, I have enjoyed my npcc journey so far and I do hope that you will grow to love this cca too. You may not realise it right now, but the bonds you form here with your batchmates will remain for a long time. Do your best in every CCA session; I am confident that your efforts will be rewarded. Work hard, play hard. 

 Third, I'd like to express my gratitude to the teacher officers and instructors who have placed their faith and trust in me. I appreciate your unwavering support for my batch and we have a lot to learn from you, and I'm looking forward to getting your advice and input as I begin my leadership path. 

 One of my aspirations for npcc is to make training more fun and to bring the unit together. I hope that we can have more interactions as a unit while still maintaining our standard of discipline. We will try our best to make training as suitable and effective for you as possible in the new norm. As your CLs, I assure you that we will do our best to give opportunities for you to engage and bond over CCA-related issues and to get to know each other better and build mutual trust and friendship. Let's aim to keep united in spirit as one AHNP unit.

 Lastly, to my batchmates, I am so proud of how far we have come. These past 2 years were definitely not easy, but somehow we managed to pull through too and stayed united as a batch. We were there for each other when we needed each other and I hope we would continue to be there for each other forever. I still remember last year when we were fantasising about taking over the unit and here we are now taking over today. We haven't had the easiest time, but as we prepare to take over the unit, I am confident that we will be able to build our team spirit. I believe that this CL year will be tough and challenging, but I feel that we must all contribute and serve as role models for our juniors. Thank you for always being so encouraging and being one of the main reasons why I look forward to training sessions and being what keeps me going when things get tough during cca sessions. We have made many fun memories in the past 2 years and I look forward to making more. Here’s to more fun memories in npcc. 

 Young poet Mattie Stepanek once said, “Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. Let us all be united and work together to accomplish great things.

 Thank you.

-CPL (NPCC) Ashley Lim



Here is the speech from our outgoing Chairman of 2021


Hi everyone! 

 I’m Kai Jie, the outgoing chairperson for this year. Honestly, everything feels so surreal right now. I’ve thought about this moment before the takeover last year. I’ve thought about how I would feel and what I would say. However, now that I'm actually here today to give my speech as this year’s outgoing chairperson, time feels so surreal. I would like to start off by thanking the teachers, officers and Ma’ams who have guided us throughout our leadership journey. We were really chaotic and clumsy at the start of our journey, but y’all were still extremely patient towards us. We genuinely appreciate and are extremely thankful towards y’all for helping us to grow not just as leaders, but as a person too. I would also like to thank you for pushing and helping me to step out of my comfort zone, so that I was able to gain new and memorable experiences. All of us truly admire your dedication towards this unit and care towards each and every one of us. We know that you have our best interests at heart before making any of your decisions. There are times where we did not understand them, and we appreciate that you took the time to patiently explain to us and help us to see the bigger picture, instead of telling us to just follow along with your decision. Thank you for everything y’all have done and we would not have made it this far without your help.

 To batch 16, y’all have come so far and now it’s your turn to run the show. I wasn’t your squad IC, but I did get the opportunity to take y’all for a few CCA sessions and your squad ICs have told me about y’all as well. On behalf of the Sec 4s, I would like to say all of us are extremely proud of y’all for coming this far, and growing to become leaders who will be leading the unit from today onwards. It is a pity that the pandemic has caused y’all to miss out on quite a few key NPCC events, however y’all have shown that this does not affect your positive attitude towards CCA. I hope that y’all will enjoy your leadership journey, and help one another out when in need. Your leadership journey will definitely not be easy, but I hope that y’all will continue to persevere on and support one another. Don’t put too much pressure on yourselves, and please don’t get burnt out. When everything gets too overwhelming, don’t be afraid to seek help from the TOs, instructors, your seniors and especially your batchmates. Don’t be afraid to try something new and try to push yourselves out of your comfort zone, so that at the end of your journey you won’t have any regrets. We wish y’all all the best for your leadership journey!

 To batch 17, I’ve spent quite a lot of time with y’all since I was your squad’s IC for around a year. Y’all are a really bubbly and enthusiastic batch, and it’s great that y’all are really bonded with one another. However, y’all are seniors now, and are no longer the youngest in the unit. I hope that y’all can strive to become role models to your juniors, who will look up to y’all. All of y’all are really outspoken, so I hope y’all can make use of this quality and take more initiative and have more confidence in whatever y’all do. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help from any of your seniors when in need, all of them are here to help y’all grow and improve. All of us are really proud of how much y’all have grown, but we hope that y’all can continue to grow and improve to become more focused and continue taking more and more initiative. 

 Next, to batch 18, I didn’t really get many opportunities to interact with y’all, but my impression is that y’all are really energetic and cheerful. I know that y’all have only been in this CCA for less than 2 months, but we do hope that y’all become more bonded as a batch. As all of you embark on your NPCC journey, I strongly encourage y’all to keep your mind open, do your best at every CCA session, and slowly open up to one another. I recall my Sec 1 year in NPCC to be quite interesting as I got to try things that I have never tried before and I met and got to know new people, who are my batchmates. Y’all may feel awkward with one another, but y’all will be together with each other for another 3 years. I hope that when the time comes, y’all will be able to overcome challenges not individually, but together as a batch. Your time here in NPCC may seem A session, and who knows the bonds you form with one another here may be stronger than with your friends outside of CCA.

 Last but not least, to my beloved batch 15, I have so many things that I would like to say, but words can’t express whatever I want to say to all of y’all. I would like to thank y’all from the bottom of my heart for constantly supporting me and pushing me to try things that I wasn’t confident I would be able to do well in. Thank you for comforting me when I’m extremely stressed, especially during the NDP period and at the start of our leadership journey. There’s honestly too many things I’m so grateful to each and every single one of y’all for me to list them all out. I really enjoy our batch meals, especially the most recent ones we had. I know how all of us have been anticipating for this day to come since Sec 2, but now that this day has actually come, everything honestly feels rather bittersweet. I’ll definitely miss all of our stressing out before a CCA event, chaotic uniform changing, admiring Jennessa’s boots and many other memorable moments. Sad to say we never had that haidilao date that we talked about since Sec two, but at least we had our very first eighteen chefs batch meal. I definitely wasn’t the most dependable batchmate, and I definitely could have done better in many ways but thank you for the endless and constant support, comfort and encouragement. I truly would not have been able to get this far without y’all. All of y’all are truly the reason why I enjoy NPCC so much. 

 As a whole, NPCC has become more than just a CCA to me, but it has become a huge and integral part of my secondary school life. I would like to compare the NPCC journey to the process of popping popcorn. At the start of the journey, all of us are raw like popcorn kernels. We are all afraid and stay in our own shell. However, with heat that is similar to the guidance and support from the TOs, instructors, seniors and our own batchmates, we slowly start to break open our shell and open up. Just like the soft starch inside the popcorn inflates and bursts, all of us have potential in us and under the right circumstances here in NPCC, it will slowly grow bigger and bigger, and bursts and we start to show the potential that has been growing inside of us. All of us grow at different speeds, some of us grow faster, and some of us require more time, however at the end of the day all of us will grow and improve. The process may be tedious and frustrating as we may be impatient, however just remember the end result will all be worth it. It has been a great honour to be the chairperson of our unit. Thank you to everyone here who has helped me to grow to become a better person, and I hope that I have also helped y’all in your journey. Like our NPCC motto “精诚团结”, let us all find strength in unity, and grow together as a whole unit! 

 Thank you!

-SI (NPCC) Mei Kai Jie

POPULAR