Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Reflections for visit to Bedok South Neighbourhood Police Centre

In March 2022, our Secondary 1 and 2 cadets had the chance to visit the Bedok South Neighbourhood Police Centre. Here is a reflection of the visit by Sec 2 cadet, LCP (NPCC) Tran Anh Thu.


I learnt many things from the field trip. Firstly, I learnt about the equipment used by the police and what their functions are. I learnt that riot shields used by the police are curved at the sides to allow the police to interlock their shields to form a human barrier. Secondly, I learnt that the helmets worn by the police are specially designed to reflect bullets. Thirdly, I learnt about the different cars found in the car park. The most intriguing car (in my opinion) was the fast response car. The fast response car can be found on the streets. This shows that there are police present in the area. Moreover, I learnt how to report cases using the One Service app. This app is not only convenient but very accessible.

 I really enjoyed the tour of the NPP. The tour allowed us to have a sneak peek into the lives of the police. I had a whale of a time exploring the spacious NPP and different departments there. I also really enjoyed being able to see their equipment up close and even being able to touch some of them.

 For future trips, I suggest that we get to stay there for a longer period of time in order tp better understand the lives of the police.

- LCP (NPCC) Tran Anh Thu



POPULAR