Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Speeches from Incoming and Outgoing Chairman 2020

Here is the speech from our incoming Chairman of 2020 to 2021

 Dear Teachers, Seniors, Batchmates and Juniors,


First and foremost, I would like to say that I am extremely grateful and honoured to be appointed the Chairman of our unit for 2020. Being given this great responsibility to lead the unit made me reflect a lot on my own NPCC journey and what I hope to achieve this year. There are many things I look forward to and I am excited for what is to come. I have my concerns about what CLship will bring for my batch and me, but I will carry out my duties to the best of my ability, and continue to serve the unit with commitment and passion. 


To the Batch 13 seniors, I would like to thank you on behalf of the whole unit for always being the dependable and supportive leaders who spur us to give nothing less than our best efforts. Your achievements for the unit in the past years have also brought our unit to greater heights. You have been role models to all of us in the unit. It is your leadership and constant guidance that have shaped us into the cadets we are today, and for that we are incredibly grateful.  As for my batch, we definitely have our share of shortcomings but we can assure you that we will lead this unit to the best of our abilities. We are sad to see you leave but we wish you all the best for your O levels and your future endeavours. Once again, we truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


To Batch 15 and 16, as you commence your NPCC journey in 2020, as your CLs, we will always be here to provide our support and render any help that you may need. Your assigned mentors will also be here to guide you through the year, so do not hesitate to turn to them. I hope that all of you can work together with your ICs to improve your hard skills and more importantly grow in character. I have enjoyed myself thoroughly in the past two years and I truly hope that you will grow to love this CCA as much as I do. You might not see it just yet, but in time to come, you will realise that the friendships you forge here will be the lasting ones. Do your best at every CCA session - I believe your hard work will definitely pay off.


I thank the Teacher Officers and instructors for putting your faith in me. I have much to learn from you and I look forward to your continued guidance and feedback as I grow in this leadership journey. 


One of my aspirations is to bring the unit together and form a stronger bond, not just between squadmates, but between seniors and juniors as well. I hope that there can be more interactions amongst us, while maintaining our basic standard of discipline as a uniform group. Although we did not really have the chance to come together as a unit to conduct physical training and we have had to forgo many annual NPCC events because of the COVID-19 situation, we will do our best to make training as suitable and effective for you in the new norm. We will also do our best as your CLs to provide opportunities to interact and bond, not just over CCA-related matters but more importantly to know each other better and build camaraderie. Whether it be virtual or physical training, let’s all stay united in spirit, as one AHNP family.


To my squadmates, it has been about 2 years of knowing each other and I am proud of how far we have come together. Yes, we haven't had the smoothest journey but as we come to take over the unit, I truly hope that we can strengthen our team spirit. This CL year will not be easy, but I believe that all of us must play our part to contribute and be the role models to our juniors. Thank you for being the most supportive bunch - one of the biggest reasons why I look forward to the training sessions and my main motivation to push on when the going gets tough. As the saying goes, “hardship brings people closer if you share it”. We’ve made many memories in the past two years, and here’s to the many more!


To quote Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - “We’re only as strong as we are united, and as weak as we are divided.” Let us all choose to find Strength in Unity! 


Thank you.


- CPL (NPCC) Kaylie Chin






Here is the speech from our outgoing Chairman of 2019 to 2020



Hi everyone,


I feel like I still remember joining AHNP like it was yesterday. In AHNP, I met so many new and amazing people, went through so much and learned so much too. My sec 3 CCA life was probably the most significant and memorable to me. It was a joy to lead this Unit with my batchmates. Actually, I remember vividly wondering during Licia ma’am’s outgoing Chairman speech what I would feel a year later. Now I feel fulfilment and gratitude having spent a fruitful year with everyone here.


I want to address each batch personally:


To the Sec 1s,

I had lots of fun interacting with yall in the many activities yall had with me. It’ll take time, but I hope that one day yall will get to experience what AHNP means to me for yourselves. I can’t promise you much, but I can promise that NP will meet and exceed your expectations as a fulfilling CCA. I do hope that yall can keep pressing on, and build close relations with your batchmates.


To the Sec 2s,

I’m sure you have heard this many times before, but yall have so much potential and your seniors and teachers can see that. I honestly had so much fun talking to some of yall, and as a batch yall are really bubbly and cheerful and yall really remind me of my batch. I hope you never lose your drive and energy, and look forward to many more fruitful years in NP. I really can see yall doing your best and improving during training, and that’s something many of your seniors appreciate a lot ❤️


To the Sec 3s,

This year is going to be especially tough for yall since yall are in charge but so many changes are taking place. I speak on behalf of my batch and I think that yall can really lead our Unit well. In your journey as a CL during Sec 3, I want you to ask yourselves what you want to achieve as a leader individually and as a batch. I think I remember asking yall this question before, and I truly think that it is worth considering. One thing I want yall to remember is that you’ll always have your batchmates to fall back on. Personally, I never would have survived Sec 3 life without mine. I hope for yall to be bonded and be able to go through tough times together as a batch. And always remember, don’t be afraid to ask for help from us! We want to see yall succeed :)


To my beloved Batch 13,

I really can’t express in words how much I appreciate yall without sounding super cheesy. When I look back on 3 years with yall, I think of our dumb jokes from IUDC to the many times we spam our group chat while panicking to finish LPs. I also vividly remember after one training where we were very heated and screaming at each other while laughing about CCA matters. (that’s one of my fondest memories) Every moment, even the bad ones, are ones I’m really grateful for. Yall are the most chaotic but most amazing people I’ve ever met. It’s sad that we can’t see each other as often anymore after POP. Thank you for being there for me even when I uglily cried, thank you for having my back during hard times, thank you for putting up with my constant nagging. I can’t thank yall enough, seriously. I’ll never forget the loud and fun batch that I spent my 3 years with.


Lastly, to the Ma’ams and TOs,

Given your experience in NP, I am very thankful that you are always there to provide us support and guidance. Without you, I would have been lost in my leadership journey. I want to thank the TOs for spending time and effort in our CCA and I really respect your dedication to the Unit. The ma’ams have also always been there for me when I had doubts or questions. I’m happy that we have built such a close relationship over the years, and I’m sure the Unit will continue to achieve with your support.


AHNP means so much to me. It’s almost like my second family, where I spend time laughing and maybe a little bit of crying too. The memories and experiences I have gained are something I’ll forever cherish. I hope to see AHNP continue achieving under new leadership and that many more of yall will grow to appreciate this CCA just like I do. Especially during this period of time where many changes are taking place, I want yall to continue pushing forward and never lose your passion for AHNP.


Thank you!


- SI (NPCC) Chong Xiu Wen



POPULAR