Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Area Games Day 2016


On the 20th of August of 2016, our cadets had the opportunity of participating in the Annual Area games day organised by the Area 10 committee. Much to our delight, our unit managed to emerge as champion for two stations, 2nd for one station, and came in 3rd in one station. We also received came in 2nd for the overall event! Here are the thoughts of the participants;


Area Games Day was a fresh experience for Batch 12, and for us due to last year's cancellation. To start off the games, our team’s proceeded to the Ministry of Netball station. As only one of us knows how to shoot, we had difficulty scoring. However, I was glad that we persevered till the end and managed to score even though we lost.Our second station was Human 3 “T”. It tested our improvisational skills as we were only given 5 seconds to think of our next move and every delayed second would affect the final result of the game.The third game was Balancing The Can. We managed to balance 4 cans, 45 degrees to the ground, after multiple attempts.Our last station was Protecting The King. Due to time constraints, we played using only half of the court. I enjoyed working together with my fellow teammates to dodge the ball and protect our “King”. These games have allowed us to bond together as a unit, especially when we went to cheer for the other AHS teams after completing our stations.Finally, a telematch was held after all the groups had gathered.We were elated to have won the telematch as it displayed the teamwork and coordination among us.Overall, it was an enriching experience participating in the games together with our juniors. Despite not being the overall champions,I strongly believe that the bonds and teamwork harnessed between us is more important than winning the matches.


- LCP (NPCC) Lim Hui Xian


Area games day was a really new and fun experience for me as it was the first time that all NPCC cadets from area 10 got to play games with each other in Bedok South secondary school. The secondary 3 seniors(SGTs) also set up a game in the canteen area called beer pressure. My group and I played 4 out of the 6 games in total and we all had an enjoyable time playing all the games. We played the ministry of netball, protect the king, the tic tac toe race and the game in which we had to balance a can 45 degrees. Sadly, our group was not chosen to play the games that the seniors have set up (beer pressure) and to play captains ball. My favourite activity was the tic tac toe race as it was a game that I was quite familiar with even before they explained the instructions. I also liked the game in which we needed to balance the drink cans as it was a funny and challenging activity. We also got to drink free soft drinks during this activity. Through this area games day, I feel more bonded with the secondary 2 seniors (LCPs) in my group and I learnt that I should be more enthusiastic while doing other activities in the future. Although I was starving and tired after we got dismissed, it was a truly fun and interesting experience for me.


- CDT (NPCC) Zhou Jiaying


POPULAR