Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Adventure Survival Training Camp 2015



Our cadets thoroughly enjoyed themselves during Adventure Survival training camp in 2015. Here are their thoughts on this annual camp.



I was looking forward to STC as I was excited to meet my friends from other schools. It has also provided me an opportunity to make new friends. Throughout this 3 days 2 nights, I have really enjoyed the activities, especially the coordinators challenge as it allows us to bond with the CIs and our group mates. 

During the camp, I have also managed to complete IRC despite my fear of height. I have learnt important values such as teamwork, especially during PT on the 3rd day as we had to do it together in our our groups and as a whole camp. It was really heartwarming to see everyone persevering on and encouraging one another despite the fact that all of us was tired. Since Tampines Sec had joined us this year, they had made the whole camp more lively. Overall, this camp was an enriching experience for me.

- SGT (NPCC) Shirley Xue Lei



During the full three days in ATC, I felt like I really missed out on a lot of activities like kayaking, rock climbing and the low ropes challenge due to the slight dislocation on my right wrist. The only thing I could do was the Maze but in the end, there wasn't enough time so I didn't manage to do it either. Even though the first day of camp I felt really out of place with so many unfamiliar faces in my group, I was really glad I managed to step out of my comfort zone and interacted with the people in my tent. 

We all come from different schools and backgrounds but I felt that we really bonded a lot throughout this ATC. After the camp, I got a better understanding of the people that I met even though we only spent about 2 days together. However, we didn't have the chance to keep in touch with them or even take a group picture at the end of the camp. Besides bonding with my group mates and tent mates, I also managed to talk to people from another group. I also managed to overcome my fear of lighting a matchstick as the first time I lit it I burnt my finger. 

The camp was really memorable with the different activities like the campfire and rolling on the grass singing Let It Go. Though the camp was really rushed and quite unhygienic, I feel that it is very memorable.

- LCP (NPCC) Vicki



More photos;




    

         

    

POPULAR