Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Police Youth Ambassador (PYA) 2015





During May of 2015, our cadets went around the nearby residential area to distribute flyers to the residents. Here is a reflection on their experience from a cadet.





It was a really enriching and exciting day for all of us! I was elated to be able to participate in this because I have always like interacting with people. In addition, the fact that we were there to spread the message on how to be prevent and react from outrage of modesty was very meaningful as we could enrich the residents more on how to ensure their own safety. The first block I went to with my group was rather disappointing though because there were very few units that opened their doors for us. However, I was relieved that in next few blocks that we went, there were many more units that has opened the door for us as thus we were able to spread the message to more people. Even though it was quite tiring and uncomfortable to be walking around the blocks in our full uniforms, I truly feel that it was worth it as I could strongly feel a sense of accomplishment after giving out the pamphlets to so many people. In the end, I was also able to enrich my own female family members about the increasing cases of outrage of modesty and how to prevent them since I have enrich myself with some information from the pamphlet too. All in all, our unit also got to bond together through this event, where the group members learn to work together to convey the message effectively to the residents. I really look forward to the next community service event we are going to participate together!

- CPL (NPCC) Gladys Koh 






 

POPULAR