Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Flag Day 2015


Our cadets took part in Flag Day 2015 on 11 April of 2015. Here are their thoughts on the experience. 



On the 11th of April 2015, I participated in Flag Day 2015. We were told to go to different locations in groups to ask for donations which were for the Nam Hong organisation. The organisation helps to support the elders and people who are in need. They provide free medical services and also free funeral services for the elders.

My group and I went to Tampines to collect donations. At first, I was shy and did not dare to ask people for donations but I built up my courage after awhile and managed to ask for donations. Despite the hot weather that day , my group members and I did not give up on doing our part to ask for donations . We persevered on and continued as we thought that it is our responsibility and that we should do the best in everything we do.

Through the Flag Day, I learnt lots of important values such as responsibility, integrity and respect. The Flag Day showed me that there were lots of kind people in Singapore who were compassionate, initiative to donate and that they were sincere in wanting  to help people who are in needs. I think that no matter how much one donates, it is the thought that counts. Some of them were very generous and donated ten dollars. But it was quite disappointing and I felt discouraged when people ignored me.

Even though some people did not want to donate, my group and I still politely thanked them as we felt that it was a kind of respect. After the Flag day when we had to assemble at Tanah Merah MRT Station to return the donations bags, my legs were sore and I was really tired and exhausted, but I felt a sense of accomplishments and satisfaction . I felt happy as I could help people who are in need and that I did a good deed. I think that Flag Day was really a meaningful one. In future, if I have an opportunity to participate in Flag Day again or any other donation activities, I will participate without hesitation and also encourage my friends to participate too.

- LCP (NPCC) Yong Chee Wen


On the 11th of April, the Sec 2s and 3s had Flag Day. For me, it was my first time taking part in a Flag Day activity. Although I have done quite a number fundraising activities in and outside school, this was a whole new experience for me. We were helping Nam Hong Welfare Society which provides free medical service and funeral service for the elderlies. Before, going out into the streets and start getting donations from the public, I thought that majority of the crowd will ignore us and pretend not to see us. However, it was the total opposite. Me and my partner, Alanna, went to Bedok Block 216 wet market. As it was in the morning, there were lots of people. To our surprise, the public, be it old or young, was very kind and they donated a lot. Some were so kind-hearted that they donated a $5 note without hesitation. There were also many parents who came along with their children to make donations. Of course there would be the minority who would ignore us and walk away immediately as we approached them. It was very disappointing, but we did not let that disappointment bring us down. Instead, it was a motivation to us to push us to collect more donations. Indeed after some time as it closed in to lunch time, the donations kept coming in. When we brought the donation bags back to the meeting point, the management is very happy and they thanked us sincerely. The greatest satisfaction was to see how kind people are. They have the initiative to donate. It is very meaningful to volunteer for Flag Day. I feel quite happy because I can help the less fortunate. We also learnt more about having patience and perseverance throughout Flag Day as we had to stand for the whole morning patiently to collect the donations which also needed perseverance. Overall, Flag Day really benefited me. As it benefits the needy, all our obstacles that we encountered are worthwhile.

- LCP (NPCC) Seah Xing Hui




A picture of the Sec 3s during Flag Day.


POPULAR