Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

Unit Camp 2016




During June of 2015, our cadets took part in our Unit's Annual Unit Camp. Here are their thoughts and reflections on the experience; 



The whole unit has been through numerous thick and thin the 3 days of unit camp. From the extreme captain's ball on the first day to the energy-draining hike the next day, and lastly, cleaning on the last day. The camp was fun and educational. I have learnt a lot more life skills like the outdoor cooking and had many new experience like lighting matches, and sleeping in class, taking care of the eggs. With the taking care of the eggs, I learnt to be more responsible, although I cracked my first egg, I vowed not to crack my second chance. The games on the 2nd day was fun... like really very fun. The most memorial one was the physical game where my whole Hufflepuff group worked as one and completed 100 crunches, 100 pumpings and 150 jumping jacks. I did 96 pumpings in a shot too! I'm grateful that we all got to bond as a whole unit instead of just a squad.

- CDT (NPCC) Darrelyn


For campfire, I cheered really enthusiastically and highly and I took care of my belongings(egg, rifle) well by ensuring that they are near/beside me and in my sight. For hike, I managed to lead a cheer(upon her head) quite loudly and I'm quite proud of myself. I also persevered on during the entire hike and managed to ensure that our juniors' egg are still in good condition and that our group flag is always by our side. When the CPLs were leading the cheers I also cheered really loudly, for that, I'm really proud of myself. Additionally, in terms of leading my juniors, I felt that I did a good job taking care of them, and that they did not feel left out and I ensured that they have a partner and I was responsible for my action/stuffs. For campfire, I felt that I did not project my voice loud enough for the audience to hear during my group's performance and that we stood facing Hufflepuff, so it seemed like we were only performing for them. For the hike, I could have taken the initiative to lead the cheers when CPLs asked for the Sec 2s to lead the cheers while we were on the way to ECP. I could have also clarified my doubts on the cheers I'm unclear of like "when you get to heaven" and the "Ubin cheer". I could have also initiated to start a conversation with my partner, Licia, like teaching her some campfire cheers or just talking to her! Lastly, in terms of leading my juniors, I could have shown more initiative to be a good role model for my juniors and that I could have interact more with them since unit camp is the only rare opportunity we get to interact with the Sec 1s. But overall unit camp was really fun and I've gotten a little more closer to my squad mates and some sec 1s.


- LCP (NPCC) Crystal



Overall, unit camp has allowed us to bond more as a unit and a squad. From all the planning, meet ups till the actual event, we were able to work much more better with one another. We have gained much valuable experiences having to lead the unit and planning a major event and these experiences would also help us in our future trainings and being able to lead better. We have also learnt many things from this camp such as being able to effectively teach our juniors the correct values and knowledge, how to plan an event and how to tie a monkey fist knot. Through all these experiences, we have also learnt to be more disciplined, efficient and observant in what we do. I am glad that the time and effort we spent on planning had paid off, through the 3 days 2 nights camp, and although we faced many challenges along the way, we persevered on and conquered it together as a squad. This camp have left me with many memories and it would definitely be a significant one in my NP life.

- SGT (NPCC) Eileen




POPULAR