Our Motto

精诚团结, Strength in Unity

.22 Revolver Dry Shoot Course 2014

On the 11th July 2014, the secondary 2 cadets went for their first ever dry shoot. The cadets gained new experiences and knowledge on shooting. The following are reflections from our cadets.



Today's dry shoot is certainly an eye opener for me mainly because i didn't know how the revolver works and after the course i understand more about how to use a .22 revolver. Initially, i didn't know that firing a revolver takes so much effort like the only thing i know is that firing a bullet will cause a recoil which is really big that will cause a person to jerk back and leave damages on their hands. When I 'fire' a bullet it takes a lot of effort to pull the trigger and it leaves red marks on my finger. So now i am really afraid of the actual shoot, but I will keep in mind to pull the trigger for the first time and steady myself before fully pulling the trigger so as to have a lesser recoil and a more steady aim at the target.

This course let me know the procedure of firing a bullet such as checking the cylinder, putting in the bullets and keep the revolver to 45 degrees to the ground to ensure the safety. Overall I am really happy that i attended this dry shoot as it really clears up the misconception i use to have about revolver shooting and it prepares me for the upcoming shoot at HTA where i will fire real bullets.

- LCP (NPCC) Chin Yee



Today during dry shoot, I was really excited before the shoot, because although there wouldn't be a bullet, I would be holding a revolver for the very first time. As simple as "Dry Shoot" might sound, I did not know what to expect.

At the NPC, the officer taught us some information about the police procedures and equipment, and it was really interesting as I got to know more about how the police do things and communicate with each other. Usually, i only see police car around the streets, but today as I sat in a police car and learnt about its different parts and the procedures that take place inside, I really got a first person experience inside, which is really interesting.

During the dry shoot theory, I learnt the 3 safety procedures, how to operate a revolver and the procedures to shooting the .22 revolver. I learnt that the most important thing to shooting is safety because without safety, not only can a shooting not take place, but a person's life is at stake, I hope I will be able to remember all the procedures during the real revolver shoot.

During the practical dry shoot, I was really excited and happy, because I finally got to hold a revolver. It was not as easy as I thought it would be, because i had some difficulty remembering the procedures to shooting the revolver. The officer had to remind us a few time on what to do, and after a while I finally started to remember and get used to it. When shooting the revolver, my hand was not really steady and I think I should use my master eye and learn to control my hand movement next time. I also had a problem pressing the trigger because i did not have enough strength to pull the trigger. I should go home to train my finger strength.

This experience was enriching and I hope I will perform better at the revolver shoot and eventually get a marksmanship badge.

- LCP (NPCC) Brittany

POPULAR